How to Fix [Pii_Email_84423918fca5fbb65988] Error
[Pii_Email_84423918fca5fbb65988] is a consequence of duplicate user accounts in the Outlook application. It could occur if you have logged in with the same user account on multiple computers.
Troubleshooting this error is surprisingly easy if you sign out from the problematic user account. Many users have also fixed it by disconnecting their user accounts from all gadgets. Another effective method for this issue is resetting Outlook settings. If that doesn’t resolve the problem, you can try using a different account.
While these solutions can significantly solve the problem, you may have to re-install the application from scratch.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s try these solutions one by one to get rid of Outlook’s [Pii_Email_84423918fca5fbb65988] error.
Causes of [pii_email_84423918fca5fbb65988]
The most identified thing responsible for this error is the multiple log-in of the same email account on different devices. So logging out of your account could be very practical and helpful. If you find it ineffective in your scenario, then broken system files might be causing this issue.
Here are the most common reasons for the error pii_email_84423918fca5fbb65988:
- Logging into multiple devices with the same account
- Damaged files of the operating system
- Badly managed settings on Outlook
- Outdated software, etc.
4 Methods to Resolve [Pii_Email_84423918fca5fbb65988]
1. Resetting the Outlook Settings
The settings can affect how your emails and other account information works. Improperly maintained settings can provoke problems, so resetting the settings may fix the ongoing technical concern in your email app.
Here is how to factory reset settings on Outlook:
- Close all items on your PC and go to the Control Panel. If you use Windows 7, go to the Start icon from the lower-left side.
- Select the Control Panel option from the right side list. In case you own a Windows 8 PC, Go to the Settings button and then visit Control Panel.
- For Windows 10 users, search the Control Panel in the Cortana search bar.
- Once you open the Control Panel app on your system, select the ‘Current View’ as ‘Small icons’ using the ‘View by’ option.
- When you select the ‘Small icons’ choice, find and tap on the ‘Mail’ icon.
- The Mail Setup window will open, so kindly go to the ‘Show Profiles’ icon.
- Click on Add, and then you will see the New Profile screen.
- Please provide a new name for your new mail profile.
- Finally, select the OK button.
- Now you have to click on Cancel to exit the current window.
- Go to OK once more when another warning appears.
- Make sure to select the option that reads, ‘Always use this profile,’ and then pick the newly generated profile name.
- Go to OK to finish and close the Control Panel.
Congratulations, you have successfully restored Outlook settings to default. Now all wrongly organized items have been fixed, so the [pii_email_84423918fca5fbb65988] error will vanish automatically.
2. Log Out from All Devices
If you still encounter the same difficulty while using that email organizing software, then please implement this method. It is as simple as logging out of all your Outlook email accounts and should instantly resolve the pii_email_84423918fca5fbb65988 problem.
You have to ensure that you log out from your email accounts in the Outlook app on your home and work computers. Once you remove all user logged-in accesses from your devices, you can hold on for a minute and then try reconnecting your email. Try the subsequent technique if you still get the same code.
3. Repair System Files to Remove [pii_email_84423918fca5fbb65988]
System files play a crucial role in running your system apps, like Outlook, but programs like Outlook may start misbehaving and throwing errors when they get lost or damaged. So, restoring these files can help you get rid of this frustrating problem.
Here’s how to troubleshoot the broken system files with ease:
- Open Command Prompt with administrator permissions on your appliance. You can do that by searching Command Prompt in the Cortana search bar or start menu search. And then right-click on it and select the “Run as administrator” option.
- Once you do so, the app will open, and you will see an empty black popup.
- Inside that black popped up window, please put in the below:
- Sfc /scannow.
- Next, please press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Now the file repairing process will arise and take a few minutes to fix your computer software broken items.
- Once it finishes, close the current apps and shut down your computer.
- Wait for a while and start your computer.
Navigate to Outlook, try to access your emails, and see if repaired files have terminated the [pii_email_84423918fca5fbb65988] error.
4. Update the App and Windows
Simultaneously updating the operating system and application is a panacea for this issue. So here is what you should do if that irritating bug still bothers you:
- First, navigate to the Outlook program and select its About section.
- Go to Version.
- Click on the current variant number to check for available updates.
- If any update for Outlook is available, please go ahead and follow the tips to do so.
- Once you are done with the app update, it is time to update your Windows or operating system.
- Please use your device’s manufacturer guide to update its operating system.
- If you have Windows, search for Windows Update in the start menu and proceed with the best matching option.
- Once you have updated these items, the error code [pii_email_84423918fca5fbb65988] will perish.
We warmly thank you for coming here and letting us help you for a while. Hopefully, you liked our hard work in this article.